Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Thinking Skill: Evaluating (Final Project)


My thinking skill, evaluating, involves making sound judgment about a situation based on a thorough understanding of concepts involved. I honestly had no clue as to what I should do at first, and then it hit me. I wanted to do a bird this time around. Some mor ethinking went by and I narrowed my perspective on the male peafowl (more commonly known as a peacock).

The peafowl is a bird known for their piercing call and their plumage. The latter is dominate in the Asiatic species, who have an eye-spotted "tail" or "train" of covert feathers which they display as part of a courtship ritual.

While focusing on this bird, I have also come across as something known as 'Shadow Art'. It's where you basically have whats up front darker, if not black, compared to a bright colorful background. And so, I attempted just that.

The main purpose of this peice was to allow me to gain knowledge of the atomony of birds. I don't really know how to draw this type of creature, so this was all me trying to broaded my selections in which I want to draw. It turned out pretty good, and so I believe I now feel comfortable enough to go past my boundries from here on out. To explore new ways to view the world through art.



Sketch:

Redrawn onto Cardboard and Colored A Little:

Adding a Bit of Black:

Starting of Background:

Almost There:

Final:

(Forgot to take a picture of the final, and I plan on taking one when I come back into the art room and uploading it. Guess you can call this a mini cliff-hanger till then...)


5 comments:

  1. This is amazing. The colors are bold and bright and the mountains, branch, and tail feathers are very satisfying to look at. Keep up the beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good, everything fits fine with this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the use of color, and material technique. The colors blend together very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really love this. I think that the colors in this are all really great. You made this painting look really realistic and everything in here was outlines and shaped great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this use of contrasting colors and negative space, it's so stylistic and really gives the piece a sense individuality! This is really great!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking Skill: Analyzing Perspectives (Final Project)

I sat here looking through other artist's work, and I couldn't come up with anything for a while now. The project that I'm doing...