Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Thinking Skill: Analyzing Perspectives (Final Project)

I sat here looking through other artist's work, and I couldn't come up with anything for a while now. The project that I'm doing now is Analyzing Perspectives, where you break down a particular point-of-view or opinion to examine the reasons or rationale for that view. After thinking, sketching, and looking for a few days... an art piece I discovered spoke to me.


When I saw this, it got me thinking even harder. And at last, an idea came to my mind. I plan on doing a somewhat abstract painting that's main focal point is a blue butterfly that's lit a flame.

A blue butterfly has a lot of symbolism in many cultures. The color blue in a butterfly is often thought to symbolize joy, color or a change in luck. After finding that out, I discovered that I could relate it to my life (not in a bad way). You see, luck in my life is a constant. Though something may not be viewed as good luck at first, it often leads to benefit me in the long future. An example of getting type one diabetes when I was 5 years old, and then discovered that I was suffering from a brain tumor at age 11 because of my blood sugar suddenly dropping and refusing to go up. In short terms, by diabetes saved me and the tumor was removed a week after they found it. That tumor would have killed me in 10 years if it wasn't detected then.

By representing that luck in a butterfly lit aflame, it is meant to symbolize that luck is fragile and that it shouldn't be taken for granted, and that often times comes in unsuspecting ways.


I plan on using these pictures to assist me:











Sketch:

Entire Background:

Adding In Actual Flowers:

First Few Mouths:

Details:


While painting all of this, I actually zoned out for quite some time. And before I could realize it, I've already done 90% of the background. I kept in mind that I had to take more pictures as I went, and from there I proceeded to do so.

Since I did this, I have grown to accept the luck that's come in my life. Every challenge that I face I always make it out okay in the end. I used no single artist as a reference or guide through all the paintings I had done in this class, and they've all turned out quite well. It's like drawing a perfect circle for the first time. That is luck.


I had a lot of fun in this class and I look forward to increasing my artistic ability later in the future through practice and using the luck that I've gained.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking Skill: Analyzing Perspectives (Final Project)

I sat here looking through other artist's work, and I couldn't come up with anything for a while now. The project that I'm doing...