Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Thinking Skill: Compare and Contrast (Project 5)

For my 5th project, I decided to try and take a different turn. I was greatly inspired by an artist known as Melissa McCracken. She is an artist who takes what she envisions when hearing a song and paints it down on a canvas. She listens to the song a few times, to decide on what colors she wants to do first, and then she goes on from there. Painting while continually playing the song.

Videos about her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbh7tAnwLCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDzvPmAap8M 

Here is a few of her work:











I plan on trying to attempt this because it caught my eye, and I'm overall interested as to what I can come up with.

I'm thinking of using this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCD2tB1qILc




Process:

I listened to the song and thought it was best to have this as my background:

The part of the song that really caught my attention was that first few sentences in the beginning. It just came in smoothly while coming in with a backup piano solo. From that in mind, I added these:

The second part that caught my attention was the first chorus, where everything suddenly gets loud. In my mind, I thought of an explosion. From that, I added the white:

Afterward, when the song was over, I looked it over and thought a few things looked off. I went back in with my brush and fixed it up a little:

Artist Statement:

By doing this project, it has brought my attention to the fact that no two people are alike. We view things differently. We process scenarios separately. It could be as simple as our handwriting or how we see colors that make all the difference. I actually really enjoyed doing this art piece and I thought of it as a really great learning experience. For the last project, I am now determined to give it my all to bring out some great artwork.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice abstract piece I love the color profile you use. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking Skill: Analyzing Perspectives (Final Project)

I sat here looking through other artist's work, and I couldn't come up with anything for a while now. The project that I'm doing...