Sunday, April 29, 2018

Thinking Skill: Synthesizing (Project 4)


For my 4th project, I chose to work on synthesizing; pulling together smaller pieces to understand the greater whole. I had thought about this for quite some time and eventually, I choose to carve something using a story that I've been writing as inspiration. In that story, it involves a necromancer/tamer meeting a fox demon. Things are a bit tight at first, but soon enough, the tamer actual befriends the demon. From then on is still a work in progress...

Now foxes, in general, can live in practically any environment and have a legendary reputation for intelligence and its cunning nature. They are creatures in which can hunt birds, mice, and rabbits; but are also known to eat berries and fruits.

And so, I choose to have that demon as one of the main focus of my piece with a mountain-like range in the background.

I started off with a sketch:


Transferred that over to the product in which I was gonna carve:


From there, I started to carve away:





Now, I applied paint overtop of what I carved into and placed a paper on top. From there I applied pressure and carefully peel the paper away when finished.


This was the first one. I found out I didn't use enough paint and I had to print it again:


I used enough paint this time, but I accidently blended the colors. Needed to do it again:



Used too much paint and it's still blended:


Finally got what I wanted:



1 comment:

  1. Wow this print came put really good. I really like the shots of the textures I think that added something really cool to your blog. Also I liked the craftsmanship, you redid some parts and really took the time to get exactly what you wanted. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking Skill: Analyzing Perspectives (Final Project)

I sat here looking through other artist's work, and I couldn't come up with anything for a while now. The project that I'm doing...